Saturday, January 29, 2022

Off to my right ride a dozen or more

 This week of running in cold weather has been slow and fast.  Thursday had me barely functioning on our slow jaunt and I was happy to get in 5.2.  I just do not have the same juice on most 4pm runs.  The morning is far better for me and I obviously enjoy running then.  The evening runs are social events which are badly needed from a mileage perspective.

 Friday was a flashback run as I covered 5.5 at 9:08 pace.  I really wanted to run myself further, but I pulled back knowing 2 hours was the Saturday run.  That came together well.  Up at 3:30am I had 4 solid cups of Pic ‘n Save instant black coffee and rifled out into the dark around 5:47am.  The fact that I held an average of 10:47 for 12 miles was a good sign.  More than likely my Hematocrit must be in the low 40’s.  I could tell as the bellows clearly were absorbing additional oxygen to burn.  Don’t know how long this will last, but hope to ride this magic carpet made of steel as long as I can.

 No solid plan.  Run every day if possible.  Get in 50 minimum with a couple good efforts and slowly raise the long run duration.  Don’t get too greedy and have days that are laughingly slow.  Hoping to bone chip about 8 miles tomorrow at Uncle Traveling Matt used to opine.  

 I may have already put this out there, but on a recent trip to Florida a t-shirt stated, “I used to be a people person until people ruined it.”  I’m working on not trying to ruin it for people.  On a final note I’m still baffled by people seeing me run on the shoulder of the road in the snow and won’t give any quarter.  There is no one else out here and you can see the road is clear.  I can only conclude they believe they own the right of way and I’m infringing on it.  It is a get with it pal message to me and I have no answer for it.  In the summer it’s the same with car versus bicycle.  Plenty of these knuckleheads.  

No comments:

Post a Comment