Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Didn't put enough dirt down

 I foolishly went on line to scan for races.  I thought, maybe I'll find a race around the half marathon distance and go have some fun.  For $109 dollars you can do this.  That's okay.  I can create my own fun for far less than this.

 There appear to be many races.  I don't pretend to know what all goes into setting the cost of events, but you can cash me out. 

 Just over 7 weeks to Ice Age.  For a moment I began to over analyze what I need to do.  Best to stay on the same path and not overdue anything.  One push for me has been dropping weight.  I am about halfway to my goal.  If I could get to about 172 it would be helpful. 

 The focus has been dropping weight, run almost everyday,  introduce tempo work to increase economy,  and work on the run/walk ratio to be used.  It is not as easy as it sounds.  I have used different mixes based on each half mile.  One I like is .37 run / .13 walk.  There are multiple reasons for doing this type of setup, but the main reason is that for about the last 5 years I totally tank the last 10 miles.  Like Evil Knievel crash and burn.  I have to get there in better shape.  It's hard to listen to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment