Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Show Stopper

I watched, "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" this Sunday for the first time.  I guess I'm not as refined as the reviewers on AMC.  All I kept thinking was, "I'd burry you guys."
Favorite Movie: The Deer Hunter

I read something by Mitch Albom called Five People You'll Meet in Heaven.  It was enough for me to finish.  Mitch is a decent writer.
Favorite Book:  The Deerslayer by James Fenimore Cooper

I raked leaves this weekend.  The whole family did.  We get a lot of leaves.  Lots of brown.
Favorite Color: Green

I like shoes that are inexpensive and have lots of size 13s to pick from.  Like more room now in the toe box then when younger.  Probably due to ultras.  I wear the shoe evenly, so I like something that doesn't destruct easy.  Usually wear heavy shoes.
Favorite Shoe: Adidas

I enjoy older rock and country.  I whip through the dial.  Finding older tunes you seldom hear, but remember as a kid always fire me up; like Hotrod Lincoln.
Favorite Song: El Paso by Marty Robbins

I watch less and less TV, though I am a SportsCenter junkie.  Old reruns are still classic and bring back memories of yesteryear.
Favorite Old Sitcom: Get Smart
Favorite Detective Show: The Rockford Files

The retro cars are cool.  When I lived in Florida you saw about every make of high end car made.  I'd never spend the money for a cool car, but they are fun to look at and see who's driving them.
Favorite Car:  Challenger

I do watch old movies based on who's in them.  We all have our fav's.  Clint, McQueen, Connery, etc.  I enjoy the actors my parents watched.
Favorite Actor: The Duke

Still play cards semi-frequently.  Spades was popular as was poker in college.  I had to learn a new game when I married a Wisconsinite.  Not always easy to find consensus though.
Favorite Card Game: Sheepshead

Been running since 76'.  Probably hit 55,000 miles or so.  I don't need motivation...I have always enjoyed the freedom of movement.
Favorite Distance: 50 miles
Favorite Runner: Gaston Roelants

Other favorites:
Baseball - Roberto Clemente
President - Lincoln
Board Game - Trivial Pursuit
Food - Hamburgers

No comments:

Post a Comment