Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hot Dog


Always hard to find a good one outside of your home town.  I don't eat near as many anymore because the quest has turned up few that are any good.  It is what it is. 

It has just been fantastic running weather in the AM.  For the life of me, I can't understand why more people aren't enthralled with the idea of winging across the terra firma.  Honest to Pete, I can't go out with friends without them introducing me as a "big runner."  You know how those conversations go, but it annoys me at times.  I'm much happier talking about what they do, or how bad the Twins suck this year.

Now I am a devoted Pirate fan, but if I had to pick an American League league favorite it is the Twins.  Growing up it was the Royals, but after the Brett years I soured.  Cheering for two basement dwellers wasn't condusive to a good ESPN morning.  Now the Twins suck, but the Pirates are playing over their heads this year early...again.

I might jack it up to 50 miles this week.  It's been good not doing the 3-5 hour efforts.  I'm not real happy anyway unless I'm running every day.  I'd rather not take the dog during the week, but after 5 years she loves it as much as me.  I don't run her too much because she gets in fantastic shape.  A cattle dog, she just acquires more energy, so 25-30 a week is her limit with me.  Then she gets in 10-15 a week on summer walks.  Too much running and she is on you constantly.

Yoga...what's up with that?

1 comment:

  1. So you like hot dogs. You like baseball, which has a fair amount of hot dogs in it (unless they are in the basement, which makes em just plain dogs). You like running with the dog, but it makes her a hot dog, but she sounds like a very cool dog indeed. You don't know about yoga? That's because it isn't a dog at all but more of a pretzel thing. Nice post. Beat your age this week in miles. I double dog dare you.

    ReplyDelete