Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Into the shadows

Darkness.  You can already see it coming as an early AM runner.  Like the old grizzled veteran Clement Grum said about AM running, "It's like you cheated the day."  It does kind of feel like that.  Come home from work and you are D-O-N-E.  Crank up the air and break out the iced tea Braaaaaah.

2 mile this morning for a tune-up.  Out in 5:58 and finished with a 5:46.  I worked, but again not as hard as I had to last year.  Another 5k on the track Saturday and possibly another 2 mile next Tuesday at 6:00 pace.  I'm starting to like this...because it is different, easier, and takes less time.  I ran 12.2 last Wednesday morning and that was my longest run since Ice Age.  Most other days are hobby jogging of 8:30 - 10:00 pace.  I know I can bring the mail.  I don't have to prove to myself everyday I can do it.  Actually thinking of signing up for the Discovery Run 15k.  Think I'll bolster up to 55ish a week for a month and give it a go.

Looking forward to participating with Jeff Mallach on his good will running tour.  I have some notes about what to talk to, but I'm sure it will turn into complete rambling about crap Jeff and I have learned over the years.  After all, that is all running is about.  Lacing em' up and seeing what happens.  It is fun to see people get excited about basic traing and racing.  Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment