Tuesday, September 25, 2012

TV party tonight!

Well another Al's Run has came and went and I am glad to report we won the Corporate team event out of 44 teams.  Some pretty solid efforts as everyone did what was needed.  I broke 30...barely with a 29:58 and had to get on the gas the last half.  The question is...what's next and I have no idea.  Want to get back over 50 miles a week.  Really enjoying running now.  Work has taken away most of my free weekly time with more travel, but I look forward to getting to bed early and hitting the bricks for an AM run with Jamie and his son Nate.  The dogs provide some humor as well.  Mentioned to Brother Grub I will entertain the idea of doing the Kettle 100 as an ultra hobby jog.  I think I am slowly getting to where I want to be.  Run what I want to, race an occasional fast one, and only commit to about 6 weeks of specific training for Ice Age.

I've been sleeping more.  It makes a big difference in life.  Watch little TV.  Even sporting events aren't that appealing.  Ahhhh...the life of a running bum.  It's not too bad.  Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment