Sunday, August 20, 2017

Love that dirty water

It struck me this week that fast runs take a little out of you.  Must take awhile to get used to dialing it up.  One thing was for sure this week I slept 8 - 10 hours a night most of the week.  The fact that I continue to conk out before 8:30pm during the week seems laughable.  No matter, one certainly can't complain about sleeping well.

We put in a small garden this year and the tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers are blowing my tiny mind.  The cucumbers are huge and crisp.  I cut some up with onions today and soaked them in milk and vinegar (with a touch of sweetener and salt) and put them in the fridge.  Delicious.  Maybe I can kick away a tad of the junk calories.  We ate this stuff continually growing up...not sure how I became a slacker.  I put in two tomato plants as the wife is not a fan.  I'm going to have my hands full keeping up with the crop.

So because I'm out Harvey Glancing it as of late the total miles mean little to me.  Hard one day and then two easier days if required.  I ran pretty hard yesterday and was pleasantly surprised I had the jimmy legs this morning.  Glad to report a solid ten was put in, though I was a bit knackered the final 3 miles.  I ran a new route which is a couple more miles on a busier road than I like, but when you go to the biggest dance of the year you dance with the one who brung yah.  Ahhhhh...the 10 miler.  The workhorse distance run for all age and sizes.  Inside you feel like this....get off me...I did stuff today.  Solid as Sears.

8/14 = Off
8/15 = Off
8/16 = 6.0 w/ 3.0 in 19:32 (6:31)
8/17 = 6.0 (9:22) w/ 8 x 20/40s
8/18 = 3.0 (10:26)
8/19 = 7.0 w/ 4.0 in 26:40 (6:40) + 8 x 15/30s
8/20 = 10 (8:56)
Total = 32.0

No comments:

Post a Comment