Friday, November 17, 2017

Hamburgers and Hot Dogs

Good to be back in Western PA.  We leave today for Shepherdstown, WV which is about a 10 minute drive from Boonsboro, MD.  That is the start of the 55th annual JFK 50 mile.  The plan is to manage the distance the best I can and have fun out there.  I just want to find that zone which allows you to move along at your best pace without having to think about it.  In other words, a really long training run with buffet tables to enjoy along the way.  Our group has 4 people running and three others for comic relief which is usually my role.  Two are family for me.  My brother is driving out with me today and his daughter is driving up from DC after work.  The most challenging part so far involves possessing this common communication device that allows people to reach you in a number of ways by starting with “I know your on vacation, but...”

No comments:

Post a Comment