Monday, December 31, 2018

Shattered

Barely squeaked over 200 miles for the month.  Ran like a chump Saturday, only completing 25k on the trails with Robert.  Pretty sure he got the whole 50k in.  Back and pelvic structure in pain.  The past week or so I have become so inflexible that I have to sit down to dress.  Maybe I should have been addressing this.  I’ll be fine.  I will have to finally listen to other people who know stuff.

What’s up with radio?  Tried to catch a bit of good tuneage and Journey is on way too much.  Is something going on I don’t know about?  Nothing personal.  I saw them around ‘81 in Buffalo.  Was there for The Stones.  Whaaaa!

Weather is in charge for the next couple months.  As long as I can stock up on the Swanson fried chicken dinners, old fashion loaf, and coffee I’ll power through.  I was frying up cabbage, noodles, onion, and ham in butter fairly regular, but I sensed by the wife’s grimace I was pushing the envelope pretty tight.  Be working the crock pot over tomorrow with a pork roast and kraut.  Sooo good.  Cancel Christmas good.

I look up who the current XC coach is at my HS in PA.  I sent him a note on LinkedIn to see if there is an alumni meet.  Last year was his first year.  I was talking to a former teammate and he’d consider going back as well.  We have never had anything like that.

Have a good New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment