Sunday, June 23, 2019

Damage report Mr. Sulu!

Blasted out a solid 7.4 miles with Dewey today on the bugline.  Powered it out at about 10:49 pace.  They had to call the water trucks in to tamp down the fire trail we were leaving behind.  Not everyone has the same talent pool to draw from.  So lucky to be alive and able to catch small glimpses of life as it whizzed by.


Other than that another loosely put together week of fun running.  You come to learn in the greater scheme of using the same fairways as a human form or animal to move along that everyone has a different set of rules.  I traverse in 3 primary ways.  Driving, running, and dog walking.  When I drive I get annoyed at bikes that refuse to move over to the side.  They are right, but 15 mph and claiming the lane seems like a defiant move.  I also am amazed at parents with strollers very close to highways that are 55mph.  When I run I get annoyed at folks driving and looking at the phone.  This would be especially annoying and dangerous if I rode a bike.  I just don't feel safe biking.  When I walk the dog the best part is other dogs leaving their yard to get a sniff of my dog at full speed.  She loves confrontation, or at least lets on like it is no big deal.  Of course I have her on a leash, but if you cross over the road it is all fair game.  I don't like this because somehow we are the annoying factor.  Here comes that gray haired guy with the white T on.  Not sure why he lets his semi-toothless dog bite our dog in the face.  Out Doberman and Irish Setter are really sweet dogs.  People tend not to say crap either, so I don't bother.  "Winston...Winston!"  Too late then Braaah.  I did have to tell one lady last year in the best language I could to basically call her dog back.  When people know you are fired up they don't want to say squat.


Look I drive more than I run on the roads.  Do everyone a favor if you are on it for another reason other than driving and stay out of the way.  I truly get it, but from my view many people don't.  Trust me, a week does not guy by when it seems like someone...sends me a message.  My favorite is running through 4 ways in rural areas and people would rather run you over than give you a turn to ramble through the intersection.  If I ever wanted to pull someone through a car window then that is the time.  Again it is a small percentage of people, but they exist.  It's just easier to wait to everyone is gone and go back to laying down 10:30 miles and vanish out of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment