Sunday, June 9, 2019

Put the hammer down!

I read about these older fellas running unbelievable times.  I also read more about older folks in the same boat as many of us...slow.  At 16 weeks out from Al’s 8k the week was a total of 50k run.  I got in 3 x 880y on t-mill at 3:20 and a 10k in 49:58 off the couch.  This week was 58.6k with a t-mill progression run up to 7.8mph that felt like hell and a 5k workout in 21:56.  I was somewhat pleased with the 5k which came the day after a 10.2 miler (easy).  I plugged that in the calculator and it says I should be able to blaze a 36:07 8k.  Sha-shadubby...shattered.  Don’t mind the maggots.  There is a lot of work to do.  I might be that guy now that sets big goals and everyone but me sees how fruitless it is.  You know the guy.  Ramble on how they want to break 3:00 one more time then run 3:23.  In this case run a 31:30 8k and do it in 33:57.  Not remotely sure why any of this matters, but I’m going out to the shed today to grab some old 70s running mags and see if these tea leaves tell me anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment