Sunday, June 16, 2019

The Axemen

I've been thinning out all the crap I have accumulated and it is a bit of a job.  The sport card collection needs to go from about 120,000 to about 20,000.  I've given away about 10,000 to this point.  I have more magazines than I remember every having.  The wife alerted me to a bonus pile in the shed.  I peaked in and it has some cool stuff.  Back when Bill McChesney was the high school sensation, Walt Stack was Walt Stack, and Tom Fleming was not afraid of anyone.  They are all gone now.  Bill in 1992, Walt in 1995, and Tom in 2017.  All different as runners and all inspiring in many ways.

I've split with a bunch of running gear and shirts I had in boxes.  I had no idea were all my Al's run shirts had gone.  Goodwill has them all now.  Some stuff is hard to part with, but as any lifetime runner I have a 100 shirts easily.  Many never worn.  For whatever reason the old Wheeling Distance Classic 20k from the '90s is going to make the cut over many of the new long sleeve shirts one gets.  I wish races would give out socks.  Those I burn through.  I thought about going Bobby Orr this summer, but we shall see.  I still sport the floppy sock look Pete Maravich had in the day.  Not many runners my age pull their socks up all the way.  Heck, maybe they do.  I'm just finding out Pluto's not a planet any longer.

The week was not bad.  Slowly adding a couple more miles a week.

Mon = 8.5k easy
Tue = 8k easy
Wed = 8k w/ 10 x 1:00 w/ 1:00 jog
Thu = 11.6k easy at Menomonee Park with Dewey, Tim, Robert, and Tim Lammers
Fri = Off
Sat = 16.3k easy w/ Crawford
Sun = 13.1k at good effort.  Averaged 8:37 mle
Total = 65.5k

Have to start putting the fork down and cut way back on candy, ice cream, and pie.  I also have to seriously start considering at least one other type of aerobic workout and my hip/back let's me know it is there every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment