Monday, December 16, 2019

Road to perdition

Last night I could feel it.  Sha-Sha-dubbie I was in tatters.  But I laid low and didn't want to mentally handicap myself for the following day.  It was really feeling necessary to have a day off, but that is the bane of high mileage weeks.  A freakin' scourge to the whole operation.  When you go to the biggest dance of the year you dance with the one who brung ya.  Fortunately Monday was an off work day so I had plenty of time to grab 14 cups of coffee and get my mind right.  Come to think of it this would be perfect training.  Part of the idea is to see how to get stuff done.  I ventured out on the first effort and it went well.  The second effort of the day went well also so I feel like Dick's hat band already.  Three more hours I'll take Cookie out for a power jog.

Then there is the dog.  She's pretty use to the idea of not getting involved early.  Any time after that she's does that stare at you deal and follow you around at the slightest movement.  Remember the movie Animal House when Belusi gives that big speech about the German's bombing Pearl Harbor?
Then everyone's a dead man and he gets up having thought he rallied the troops and heads out all fired up...but no one comes.  The dog does this all the time.  Jump up and down and look excited and then get in front of you and run to the door.  It's annoying.  Does the same thing when she thinks it is time to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment