Thursday, July 7, 2022

Get out there and see it for yourselves

 A couple days ago I managed to strain a muscle in my lower back and aggravate the PF in my left foot.  Working outside and throwing things around like manhole covers can do this.  The sideline shall be my friend for awhile.

 So when trying to walk I have to bend way over and lurch to one side.  It’s almost the same look to those who are familiar with my 50 mile finishes.  Out in public it is the same walk.  Bending straight up is not an option.  People are so kind when they see me coming across the parking lot and will pause to hold the door for me 50 feet away.  A young girl sprinted to be able to help the old guy with the door.  People demonstrated apathy every time.  It was greatly appreciated, but at the same time a bit humbling.  This is a future glimpse.  

 I must have stated out loud my wish to participate in a 100 mile.  The wife was telling the neighbor at a July 4th BBQ that I was training for a 100 miler.  It is not quite like Adrian looking at Rocky from the hospital bed and saying “Win!”, but more of a cat is out of the bag moment.  I just might have to throw down one final time.  The excuses are piling up as I type this last sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment