Wednesday, July 20, 2022

I’m ready for my close-up

It has been 2 weeks since I strained a muscle in my back.  Walking has been slow and awkward, but today was a bit better.  In the last mile I threw in .2 miles of shuffling.  Tomorrow the effort will be adding .2 for each mile.  The goal will be to cover 5 miles.

 I continue to look at 100 mile options in Florida.  Not sure if the body and mind could sustain a 30 hour effort.  As is typical, a particular training method has peaked interest.  The plan would require some faster efforts.  If it happened to move along and progress is made, then perhaps the goal could be 25-26 hours.  The brain and body is advising the most cautious method.  That involves a huge amount of walking.  My running is garbage as the 11:57:31 Ice Age showed.  A mere 2:29 from the finish line cutoff.  Not sure what has to give, but I don’t want to walk all day.  Not in a place with zero hills or elevation.

 Man I’m going to miss this someday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment