Saturday, July 9, 2022

That’s not Frank!

 Non-movement is not a big part of me.  So after three zeroes it was time to make at least a mile.  It was difficult, but as the distance stretched out it became a bit faster.  About halfway small jogs were tossed in.  Finally the last 1.34 miles I did my best John Stephen Akhwari impression and just got it in.

 The effort was 4.3 miles at 14:40 pace.  This pace for a 100 mile is approximately 24:30.  Now take that in.  14:40 pace would be world class for me.  

 The show Alone was on and it helps me reflect some truths about these types of endeavors.  These folks are not rookies thrown into the harsh wilderness.  They take chances and make mistakes.  I’m no genius when it comes to long events such as 100 miles.  It is bigger than me.  Problem is the thought is always present now that the window is closing.  I’d like to try and train to figure one out.  Mistakes will be made, but I want to figure this out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment