Saturday, March 2, 2024

Come one, come all

 On March 10th the clocks move forward, crushing much of the daylight the early AM runners enjoy.  Though I enjoy the longer evenings, it is more of a challenge always plunging into the darkness.  It is the coolest part of the day.  Soon the heat and humidity will also triumph over us early folk.

 I struggle running after work around 5PM.  My body is just wasted by then.  So I don't.  I quickly learned any side deals with myself to run later does not happen.  And because there are no cool people to meet up with and get myself out later, it makes it a bad option.   

 Today was as expected.  I ran 10.7 at 9:53 pace and it was a bit of work.  I then walked 1.6 miles for the cool down.  Otherwise I might have stayed out a bit too long as I want to get in 4 or 5 mile repeats tomorrow.  I just want to do the work.  They will be a solid effort off the watch.  I won't be keeping track of the time.  Ten weeks to Ice Age.  Can't get motivated to lose poundage.  Going to the Strawberry Festival today.  I'll be knee deep in Carney food.

No comments:

Post a Comment