Sunday, March 24, 2024

I’ll be back

 Tried to get out moving today just to shake the pummies out.  I actually felt reasonable so I jogged and walked at a pace that was under that needed to finish in 12 hours.  Got in 7.7 at 13:56 pace.  That’s what I have to do to be able to move around tomorrow and hopefully have a run near 12’s.

 At this point the whole strategy is on the weekly long run and losing weight.  I can’t try and grab too many extra miles, or I’ll be in the funk.  I also plan on taking Friday’s off to at least have a shot at a decent Saturday.  I would much rather pile up miles even if I walk a lot to get them.  However, I need to run more than walk to have the confidence needed to beat the clock.

 A person can cover more miles with executed walk breaks.  You need the right combo of maximizing rest and achieving the best pace per mile.  The challenge at Ice Age is it is constantly shifting topography.  No gigantic hills, but continuous rollers, turns, and terrain.  Hard to get a rhythm with the walking, but I have as good a chance as any with my course knowledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment