Friday, March 8, 2024

Here’s looking at you

 I am going to attempt a long run tomorrow.  For that reason I took today off.  Taking days off is something I don’t like to do a lot for the simple reason it is difficult to hit 50 miles a week.  Two days off this week is above average.

 When you spend time around folks near the end one tends to hear comments like they did real well today, or things seem to be getting better.  This is common when one is at the stage you can’t care for them any longer.  It’s reality.  The same thing happens with aging pets.  The thing is, you don’t end up mastering this time continuum.  The process does not reverse.  It is a very real situation and decisions have to be made.

 That’s where my running is.  I’ll always lumber a few miles a day.  I have to balance the value versus the other things in life.  I was unsuccessful in the 100 mile.  I was jogging and walking 15-20 hours a week and did like 367 miles in December.  I averaged 50 miles a week last year.  It takes too much time when I have to walk so I can accumulate more miles.  It’s not going to get better.  To much effort to hit the 12 hour cut off for 50 miles.  My last 6 of them have been 11 hours plus.

 I don’t live my life laying around all the time.  When running leaves me too tired then everything else is a struggle.  I usually pass out before 7:30pm.  I’m that guy.  He looks better today.  Freakin’ guy looked like Ivo Van Damme on those 800’s today.  Well…it might have felt like it, but I end up feeling like an old wash rag that’s been wringed out and left like a scourged pile of nothingness.

But other than that things are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment