Sunday, March 3, 2024

Sleep faster

 The workout today was going to be a bit difficult as I was fairly worn out.  The warmup was 3.5 miles.  The total effort was 10.5 miles and within this were mile repeats of 8:22, 8:16, 8:00, and 7:51.  The good news was when I wound up the big engine I actually didn’t feel bad legging it out.  All the slow miles were clunky, slow and uninspired.  Not sure what this is telling me, but honestly the repeats really weren’t that difficult except a bit on the last one.

 It was a decent week.  Running with a purpose, along with the other parts of life is draining at this age.  Sometimes you just bull through it and other times you compromise.  For the first time in quite awhile I am napping on the weekends.  I put in almost a 2 hour nap yesterday.  In the past they were 15-30 minutes.  Now when I awake I start the coffee routine just to get the brain some clarity and make arrangements with the rest of the body to get cracking.  I expected to be tired.  It was this way 20 years ago.  Back then if I just kept running I could rally at some point.  Today I can effect a mini rally, but it borrows from the reserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment