Saturday, June 22, 2024

Power shift here we go

 The work week yielded 30.6 miles of shuffling along. Also had a 4.3 mile canoe.

 Saturday was a 10 mile canoe with a lot of slogging through low and mucky water on the airboat trails.  4:47 is a long time out there, but I wanted to explore that end.  Bad idea when the water is low.  Would have been tough in a kayak as well.

 On the positive side it is remote.  I did kick out 2-3 deer.  Plenty of birds and some real cool cypress tree areas.

 I’ll stick to the bigger water for now.  I have an adventure for Donna and I to do.  When she’s up for 3-4 hours we will tackle some water about 5 miles from us.  There is another one I want to try.  About 4.5 miles to The Cove Pub & Restaurant.  Get there, break bread and head home.

 Sunday I hope to get in 5-6 jogging and back on the water for another 3-4 miles.  All this is taxing in the heat, but if you are going to be a bear be a grizzly.

No comments:

Post a Comment