Friday, January 3, 2014

Meet the Flintstones

I cashed it in on the small davenport at 8PM yesterday and awoke at midnight. Then out of sheer habit I checked my phone to see if all was right in the world. It is embarrassing to admit this and I feel myself being weaved into this web without any power to move against it otherwise. Why do we have to have the phone with us 24/7? Anyway I went to bed and laid there for almost 2 hours. Obviously versions of running schemes ran through my skull. As I tried to include all the other items I am responsible for and want to do it seemed...well over whelming. Sure I can begin to organize everything to the tee, but after awhile this makes Double a dull boy. I will spare all the details because you who are reading this now have the blueprint at home. At the end of the day it is what's important in life which matters most. Competitive (if you can call it that) running requires boat loads of the various energy streams we pull from. Running is good. Running which requires over 15 hours of our time a week, (add in all the tangibles) is a grinder. So I settled back to sleep and when I awoke a decision was made. Last week I came across a quote that went something like this, "Never tell people your problems because 20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them." I are not smart enough to comment, but it sure does feel that way sometimes. Not sure how much of the 50k I will participate in tomorrow. It was -13F when I awoke this morning. I'd like to get in at least 3 hours. There is a bottle pack around here somewhere which needs to be found. Looking to move around comfortably for as long as possible. Not sure this equals 31 miles, but it could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment