Sunday, March 4, 2018

I can mobilize 3 divisions in 48 hours

A couple weeks ago I learned that trying to run fast wears me out for a large part of the week.  Being wore out means less miles and runs that have no rear end in them.  I decided to give up (which is a common thing as I age) on this for now and just run easy.  No pressure, just see if you can rack up 60-70 miles a week on 6 runs.  The hope is as I thin out and get used to twinkle toeing around that perhaps I'll have a few runs that resemble running. 

It seems at an elevated weight I can still set a treadmill goal time and distance and hit it.  Just like I'm sure I could wallop a whiffle ball about as far as I could at 17 years old.  Problem is I am waxed for a few days.  Apparently the mental ability to finish the workout is still present.  The ability to jog around easy and relax for a couple days is not.  That's all I want to say about that.  Some of you have already processed this.

But, as usual I have no plans on running slow at Ice Age in 10 weeks.  I've dopamined myself into believing I'll stumble across a hot spot on that day and ride it in.  Much like Bullwinkle, "Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"  That's the plan.  The funny thing is most of my peers are at the same point, or are busting apart.  Ron Daws once said, "Who pulls a muscle at seven minute miles?"  I'm feeling pretty good at tens.

Last week 50.2 on 5 runs.
This week 59.0 on 6 runs.

I turned on the TV last week.  What motivates people to get mired in the garbage?  It was like bizzaro world from Seinfeld.  I guess living on 30 for 30 and M*A*S*H (Henry Blake era) reruns has left me lagging behind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment