Saturday, March 3, 2018

What if

Recently someone brought up the question of how long does it take to do this running.  My basic answer was with changing, running, and travel about 10-15 hours a week.  That got me to thinking.  What if my wife was a kiter.  Not a real word, but someone who flew kites a lot.  Almost everyday she had to get out and hang some air.  Dark, windy, whatever it was necessary to maintain the edge and feed the drive.  The basement and part of random rooms would have pieces of kites, manuals, and kite clothes all over.  Several times a week the phone would start to make sounds as her buddies planned a mid week, or a blowout kite weekend.  She'd think nothing of dropping $80 bucks to enter events and openly ask for me to come join her.  Sure I'd go a few times and see what the draw was.  I'd listen to people I don't know ramble on about aerodynamics, how Terrance lost the kite rally of '01 when he had to power dump, and that fact that kiter's may be the best group of people ever.  Most of our extracurricular activities such as weddings, bar mitzvah's, and even vacations included these people.  When all the fall leaves needed raking over the weekend you are told Shandra suddenly needs you to run the picket fence kite drill with her for a big event...you'll be back in 4-5 hours.  Then you learn what we should really do next year after I qualify is travel to Ketchum, Idaho for the 75th annual Spearhawk G-Force Nationals.  You'll freaking love it there and Barbie is bringing her family and dogs.  Her husband Gene (or Steve I don't remember) is coming along and he knows a ton about butterflies.  This is really cool that your wife does this.  I mean she could be hanging out at bars, so you are really lucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment