Saturday, November 12, 2022

Let me go

 Went out for my scheduled 7.5 today.  Early on the decision was made to go with the .35 jog and .15 walk sequence.   It was a wise decision as the left leg grew tired around 5 miles.  The pace never slowed the last 2.5 miles.  Probably because decades of running has secretly implanted a chip somewhere in the cortex which prevents this.  All the other parts participating pick up the slack.  It's automatic,  no sequence initializing needed.

 Of course all this stumbling around is done in relation to Ice Age comparison.   Today's course was dead flat and paved and 12:50 miles achieved.   Maybe, if required another 3-4 miles could have been achieved.  The way it stands now I am good to get to Duffin Road (13.1) in the back reaches of the field.  Places were dreams go to die.

  And I really mean that.  In the back you have folks towing around a bunch of mass, others completely under trained, and hanger ons such as me.  In some ways I tick off all those boxes.  My advantage is my body has leather feet, tendons and muscles trained for distance, and the ability to manage what has to happen.  When you know it's going to get into the 80's, this just adds to the fun.  Yet, some just go crash and burn before 20 and rack it up to just having a bad day. 

 So in this light, the idea is to do what is needed to create a mind set, carried out in training, that insures a high percentage of finishing.   I am not anywhere near this.

No comments:

Post a Comment