Sunday, November 27, 2022

Yessssss coffee

 Last week at the grocery store checkout, I attempted to load a heavier item and the lady told me she's got it.  Easily 65, she then announces she can bench press 375.  Those moments are treasured.

 On the same day I dropped an item off at a guy in the neighborhoods place.  He graduated high school with Alan Scharsu.  Alan ran 8:44 in the 2 mile, which was 3rd all-time then.  Funny what people tell you when you are a jogger.  We ran at the Austintown Fitch Relays so I did see Alan run.  He was a '78 grad.

 My friend ran against Glenn Herold in HS.  He tells the story of them being neck and neck and then the gun went off.

 I aggravated the nerve again and had to pull back.  This week has been good and I managed 11 miles yesterday out at the Withalacoochee State Forest.  They have some races out there on 1/7.  Thinking of seeing if I can cover a 50k.  The goal would be finish.  The wife suggested the 25k which is the smarter call, but I can do that on my own.  

 My friends are aging.  We are trying to cram in events before the door shuts.  I took a 2 hour nap yesterday.   Like in the middle of the day nap.  I have mixed feelings about naps.  Mainly because I then slept less than 5 hours last night which then increases the nap reflex today.  Complete nonsense. 

 I made note of 10 things I need to consider during the day/week.  It is my list.  Not a lot of deep thought.  No direction other then what should take preference on pushing the ball forward daily.  It has items most people would have.  Looking at it now I wrote down the word Mindful.  It is my attempt to consider someone else.  Not always a trait easily maintained. 

 Expanding on Mindful, I have older relatives that would love a note or card.  Mail is still big medicine.  Not doing this is not being Mindful.  That's the best way to explain this for me.

 Next week in training I want to get somewhere around 3 hours on Saturday.   I also want to pick out a day in which I extend the period of running without walking a bit further.  Also, if a good day is being had then when doing the .35 jog and .15 walk, I'd like to run a little faster on the .35 part.

No comments:

Post a Comment