Sunday, December 4, 2022

Just for the hell of it

 Today was another good day.  Not sure how the better days get strung together, but I'll take it.  The only thing I've been doing is stretching a little bit.  Still hammering the calories and just letting the jogging happen.  Of course this has always been the plan.  Run enough and the rest will be taken care of.

 Today was 8 miles without any walking.  The left leg was okay and only noticed a bit of tiring in relation to the right leg.  I averaged 11:40 per mile.

 So with 15 yesterday and 8 today,  it makes things appear possible.  I don't doubt with the fitness I currently have that I could stay under the cutoffs at Ice Age all the way to 30.5 at Duffin.  This is where it gets hard.  For us slower folks it is past noon.  If the sun is out it is a grind.  My reserves become tested and getting up the backside of confusion corner is a bear.  Once that hill is climbed you are about 2/3rds done.  I have really struggled here the past few years.  Mainly because I'm waiting to rally.  But the party barge has been gone and I ain't on it. Suddenly Jinx Dawson and the Coven is playing One Tin Soldier in your head.  "What are you gonna tell your neighbors, what are you gonna tell your friends."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment