Monday, September 23, 2019

Saw my baby down by the river

So being off work today I did decide to run up into the new turf I mentioned yesterday.  I limited myself to 16k which was a bit difficult to do.  At 8k I was up there on Chenequa Drive where Thurston and Lovey live, but made the decision to go back as I want to get another run in later today.  There are some big cribs up there and new ones being built.  There is also a huge golf course and I figured I best stay of those paths before they released the hounds.  I'm thinking of scouting it out with the vehicle later...we will see.  Nice clean area with a few nice vistas.  There are some hills which are good.  Very low traffic.  Guys with ties driving out into the world mainly.  Hey this is not Palm Beach or anything, but pretty nice digs. 

I put in 23k yesterday and had the idea I could cut my daily mileage by 1k daily before the 50 mile and go like this; 22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, race day.  That is the plan for now.

I have found over the years that any time I am building up mileage that once you get to a certain point like 85 miles a week, it just seems easier to pile on extra mileage.  Getting an extra 20 miles in doesn't seem as hard as compared to someone running 40 and wanting to get to 60 miles.  That has always been my experience with easy miles.  Anyone else experience this?  Not that I am going to do that now, but it was tempting to over do it today.

This is my 4th Monday off in a row and I got to tell you this is pure gold.  Mostly how I over achieve at getting nothing significant done.  Sometimes the thought goes through my head as to how cool it would be if most of my/our stuff was gone.  I control that.  I've spoke to myself about getting stuff pared down.  Some progress made, but just another thing on the endless list.  I have books and stuff people have given me I swear will be read, and letters I will write, etc.  Just this moment I am looking at a piece of equipment that served me well for years.  One of those, copies, fax, scanner deals.  I have not used it in well over a year.  Believe it or not my phone has replaced much of the need for any equipment.  If I need anything printed I go down the road to the little library.  I just remembered about 6 years ago or so I threw out a bunch of crap one use to hang up from work, etc.  My wife said I found these diplomas in the trash...you should keep these.  I did.  Not sure where they are at now, but what good is that crap.

I'll finish today with this.  Everything is swell over here.  It just seems that no matter if it is work, social, home, personal, or whatever that the plan changes all the time.  "Hey, we are going in this direction now."  "Let's put more effort into this."  "That doesn't work with Terrance, can we make other plans?"  So sometimes when the dog bugs the hell out of me to take her out in the evening, it seems like the best advice I received all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment