Monday, September 16, 2019

Wicked hard

Al’s Run 8k in 33:38.  Way better than expected.  Most of team exceeded expectations.  Weather certainly cooler than previous years.  Big picnic up at Ryan’s crib.  Great to see the gang and catch up.  I trained through the week and hit about 71.  Another 2 weeks of training and then about 12-13 days of taper before 50 mile.  Still just slow miles.  Whatever the day gives me.  One note about Al’s is I went through 4 miles at 28:00 flat.  As I have done in the past I just let it go.  The 7:00s was about  as fast as I could seem to go.  Ran the last 0.97 miles in 5:38.  I was blowing by people.  Which is nice.  However, it does make one ponder why it took so long to loosen up.  I guess when one trains at 10 and 11 minute miles most of the time it is hard to achieve active flight mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment