Saturday, October 26, 2013

Made the grade

Most people have the assumption I enjoy running.  Half the time I'm doing it I am not really enjoying it at all.  I don't get in touch with anything and I have no clue what runner's high is.  Unless that means waxing people.  Either way I am very glad I do it and it has been one of the best investments I have ever made.  I don't ponder anything, it is more of a focus on the task at hand.  When running with people it is enjoyable to talk smeesh, joke, and listen to the stories.  The older I get the more I enjoy putting in the kilometers with other folk.

Had a good 11.1 mile jaunt today.  Was able to bring the mail a tad the last five miles with the wind at my back.  I'm sure there will be a little pay back tomorrow, but I'll get out there with the Minooka crew and get it in.  Probably 10 easy tomorrow.

Lately I've been sleeping like a champion.  I've been vacuum packing about 8+ hours a night.  That's good dreaming territory and lately I have been dreaming of relatives who have been gone for awhile.  I kind of realize this in the dream, but don't at the same time.  I guess the brain needs to roam around a bit.  I am not a good runner in my dreams.  Typically I am under prepared or have a difficult time going as fast as I know I can.  I haven't flown on my own in some time now, but I always get a kick out of it when I can spontaneously achieve flight.  I wish people were amazed by me as much as they are then, but that's the life of mortals....no?

No comments:

Post a Comment