Monday, February 26, 2024

...and here comes Rusty

 Real slow effort today.  Even though I have the day off and had plenty of time to coffee achieve, it was not going to be anything else.  5.8 miles at 12:03 pace.  I drove out to some country roads and just bone chipped along.  Tomorrow is going to be one of those hard runs.  After a warm-up it will be a 10 mile tempo effort.  Not quite sure what to expect,  but hoping near 9:00 pace.  For me at this stage, that would be ahead of schedule.  I'm not going to expect improving much more than that if it happens.

 We all like to see gradual improvements.   What's the sense of working so hard if they don't come?  I'm past that.  Anytime I'm near 9:00 pace for 10 miles or so that is work.  They don't even call the firetrucks out anymore as I can't kick up any flame.  

No comments:

Post a Comment