Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Billy keep your head low

 The plan was to get a moderate 1:30 in if the kidney was better.  It is significantly better.  Just barely improved yesterday, today was 60% better.  I was able to lumber 8.5 miles.  Need to have a bit left for tomorrow which is the same workout.  I’d venture the last 5 miles were around 10:20 pace on average.  That is really good for me.

 For the kidney I have hydrated a bit better, taken in some apple cider vinegar and popped 220mg of ibuprofen the past 3 days.  Is the diagnosis correct?  Not sure, but at least I’m making mistakes at full speed.

 The speed work and tempo portions will soon follow.  Pretty sad that anything under 9:00 minute miles will be a success.  I have not made any weight improvement because…well I haven’t tried.  I’ll try and get on the scale this week.

 I’d really like to get under 11:00 at Ice Age.  It can be all but assured if one doesn’t have to walk 80% of the last 10 miles.  The 11:02 last year was mostly due to far less walking at the end.  I purposely took random walk breaks last year, even when on flat surfaces.  This year I want to work on running more.  Can I increase my cruising speed so the jogging seems easy?  Hoping so.

No comments:

Post a Comment