Sunday, February 25, 2024

Is that you Dave

 Today was to be an honest effort.  Not over taxing, but a little bit of rump behind it.  I got in what I expected within my pre-set time allowance.  Like many runners, it is easy to get carried away and not save a little bit for tomorrow.  I put in 7.1 good miles and tomorrow is going to be an easy day.

 As previously mentioned, the runs have been better than normal.  Anyone who has known me for awhile has seen I am streaky.  Sometimes the body allows me to have periods of clarity and other times it does not.  My thyroid used to be the main culprit.  Since 2008 it has been the blood issue and aging.  Prescriptions change, volumes change, and my body changes.  It is an easy to follow equation.  When my hematocrit is low, runs are difficult to the point of walking.  When I get close to 45% this is good for running.  The problem is when 45% is reached or even exceeded, we begin beating it back down with phlebotomy and increased meds that basically work on making me anemic.  My main concern is my very high platelet count.  I have to keep this reasonable and my reasonable is well over the normal range.  High platelet count increases risk of blood clots.  Now you know the rest of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment