Friday, February 23, 2024

Bobby couldn't fly

 It is dark at 5:30.  I was up at 3:04 AM so it wasn't difficult getting out early.   I jogged a little over 6 miles today.  Almost all my moving around is on the roads.  I like the trail, but don't always like to drive 15 minutes.   Plus moving at a faster rate is much easier on the flat surfaces of FLA.

 I just read Jeff's note on Ice Age from a month back.  There are 6 people this year who have over 20 finishes that are signed up.  Parker, Bill, Pat, Joel, Gail, and myself.  Three from WI and three from IL.  Not sure where Stuart and Julie are this year.  I have to tell you, the neighborhood has changed.  I see people I know, but every year more and more drift away.  I get it.  I'm almost there and because I live in FLA the chances of me going to watch from the sidelines is zilcho.

 You know what's nice.  Putting a training regiment together and telling yourself you'll be running hard at times, but if it is oppressive then get 'em the next time.  I weighed 180 today.  If I could get to 172 I would be ecstatic.  It saddens me to go off the hot fudge and mashed potato diet.  Perhaps if I start watching more TV I can find a nice drug that has me dancing and singing its praises in the streets.  That sounds like a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment