Saturday, February 24, 2024

Blue Moon Odom

 I fell asleep yesterday at 6:33pm.  I am not much for the time change, but brother I need it so I can stay up later.  Once it is dark the power grid shuts down.  

 The goal for today's run was to get in around 10-11 miles at a solid pace.  I never always know what this will look like until I split through the first mile.   When it was 9:34 I knew a good run was in order.  The run was 11.1 miles and I averaged 9:18.  The splits for the halves were dead nuts even.  Looking back the runs from this time last year were slower.  

 Back in the day I'd roll out for my run when I lived in Waukesha and would check my split about a third of a mile from the house when I stepped on this one segment of sidewalk.  It just became a habit.  After awhile you almost always knew what kind of run was in order.  I'm not sure if biorhythms was ever a proven, but let me tell you pretty boy that was all the science I needed Rizzo.

 The sun don't shine on the same dog's a$$ everyday.  Catfish Hunter was dead on.  That was real barbecue wisdom right there.  Like the Chief said in Apocalypse Now (not the real Chief who was Art Rooney), "Don't get off the boat."  Enough said.  And that's what I have to do.  Not get carried away thinking a few good runs mean this is permanent.  I have to be sure to go easy on easy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment