Thursday, February 22, 2024

Mama sang tenor

 Today was another good day with the temps nice and cool at 38F.  I had 6 x 880y planned with a .25 jog between.  From the start I felt good.  The general haze was not there today which means I would not need a 3 mile warmup just to break the ice.  I could approach the endeavor without fear and feast on the rewards after.

 The watch has a feature that measures the zones you run in.  I have them set at sub 8:00, 8 to 9, 9 to 10, 10 to 11, and over 11:00 per mile.  I don't time the 880s for obvious reasons.  They are blasted out according to the Kentucky windage the day gives me.  After completed, I did see I spent 19:19 of the time at 8:00 or lower.  That's good for me and good for you as well because if you are near me the last half mile you are toast.  In fact I might change my whole resolve to sandbag it the first 49 miles and blast the last mile.  The idea comes from at least one guy in HS I ran with in XC, who despite his ability to run, stayed way back and then did the Lee Evans move the last 400m.

Lee Evans.  Great runner.  Look him up.  A true sprinter with great range.

No comments:

Post a Comment