Saturday, February 17, 2024

Open the bomb bay doors

 Twelve weeks from Ice Age 50 mile today.  The body takes a few miles to smooth out the rough places.  Once loosened up, the mojo wasn’t really there.  It was cool and rainy and I just kept after my goal of 22 miles.  Somewhere around 15 miles the body was doing okay so I ended up jogging the last 7 miles about a minute a mile faster than I had been.

 I won’t do a lot of long runs.  I’m stiff a fair amount.  My wife mentioned before I went out that I was leaning.  We will see how sore my back is tomorrow.

Last year I incorporated speed work.  I almost have to to beat the 12 hour cut off.  My last 6 efforts of 50 miles have all been in the 11 hour zone.  Last year I hit 11:02 at Ice Age.  I guess if I was to have a goal it would be to break 11 hours.  To do this I will have to increase my cruising speed.  So I will wind it up often, take many easy runs and do a long every 3 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment